Who Am I and Why I Do What I Love?
My name is Jodi Takhar and I believe in healing from the inside out. Before I was a counsellor and hypnotherapist, I experienced my own journey in healing from the inside out. I started seeing a counsellor when I was 20 years old because I felt stuck. Working with her started me on my journey to healing.
Being raised in a dysfunctional, alcoholic home left me with unprocessed trauma and patterns that didn't help me as an adult. I decided to heal those parts of me and get unstuck. Over the course of the last 25+ years, I have tried all sorts of different modalities and methods and discovered what works for me.
Hypnotherapy has taken my ability to work on negative patterns to a whole other level, allowing me to find peace I have never experienced.
How Hypnotherapy Has Helped Me
- I am able to manage challenging relationships in a way that I never knew how to navigate.
- My stress from work and being a single parent has reduced 10 fold.
- I am more relaxed and easy going and what used to get "under my skin" doesn't affect me the same.
- I have 100 times more patience with my tween children.
- I sleep better and feel noticeably less anxious.
What Has Changed In My World
- I am much more relaxed and easy going.
- I am listening to my daughters and really hearing what they need.
- I love my work and my craft.
- I take time to take care of myself and do the things I love to do both alone and with friends.
- My relationships with family, friends have become easier and more fulfilling.
- I see the world differently and am applying healthy coping skills rather than negative, self-defeating behaviours.
- I love my life and no longer feel stuck.